SOPHiA Homologous Recombination Solutions
Broaden your HRR deficiency detection capabilities
The evaluation of the HRR status has become a key element of the oncologist’s arsenal to reveal the sensitivity to targeted PARP inhibitors (PARPi), a cancer therapy targeting poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase, and assess both disease predisposition and prognosis.
To avoid missing potential homologous recombination repair (HRR) deficient samples, an increased number of labs expand the focus beyond BRCA and explore multiple variant types, including CNVs.
SOPHiA GENETICS solutions enable accurate analysis of the HRR status, covering up to 16 genes involved in the HRR pathway and encompassing SNVs, indels, as well as CNV screening. SOPHiA Homologous Recombination Solution (SOPHiA HRS) and SOPHiA mini-Homologous Recombination Solution (miniHRS) are sample-to-report NGS-based applications, that combine an expertly designed capture-based target enrichment kit with access to the analytical capabilities and interpretation-support functionalities of the SOPHiA DDM™ platform. These solutions empower in-house expertise by providing high analytical performance* and streamlined bioinformatics workflows with several intuitive features, that accelerate variant assessment and interpretation.
- Optimized probe design to deliver a high on-target rate throughout the entire target regions
- Customizable content to meet your laboratory’s specific research needs
- High coverage uniformity, unlocking efficiency for a cost-effective multiplexing and accurate variant detection (SNVs, indels, and CNV screening)
- Ready-to-use target-enriched library in just 1.5 days
- Streamlined interpretation with the SOPHiA DDM™ platform’s intuitive variant filters, algorithm-supported variant classification, and unlimited access to:
- OncoPortal™ to obtain the latest scientific evidence on all relevant variants
- One of the largest networks of connected healthcare institutions, to gain and share knowledge on relevant variants
|Gene Panel||Ovarian, prostate, breast, pancreas cancer||Ovarian, prostate, breast, pancreas cancer|
|Covered Genes||4 genes: BRCA1, BRCA2, RAD51B, TP53||16 genes: ATM, BARD1, BRCA1, BRCA2, BRIP1, CDK12, CHEK1, CHEK2, FANCL, PALB2, PPP2R2A, RAD51B, RAD51C, RAD51D, RAD54L, TP53|
|Target Region||34 Kb||66 Kb|
|Sample Source||FFPE, fresh-frozen tissue||FFPE, fresh-frozen tissue|
|DNA Input||10 ng DNA minimum (50 ng recommended)||10 ng DNA minimum (50 ng recommended)|
|Library Preparation Time||1.5 days||1.5 days|
|Analysis Time From FASTQ||From 4 hours||From 4 hours|
Expertly designed pipelines to confidently assess CNVs
Screening CNVs in FFPE samples is challenging because it is strongly affected by the FFPE-induced degradation of the input DNA, tumor content, and heterogeneity. SOPHiA GENETICS algorithms have been designed to accurately identify CNVs whose breakpoint falls within a gene of the panels.
Dedicated features to ease variant interpretation
The SOPHiA DDM™ platform features intuitive variant filters and prioritization options to streamline interpretation and help you greatly reduce turnaround time.
- Hotspot Screening to quickly pinpoint the relevant hotspots and provide a clear overview of wild-type hotspot positions
- Variant Pre-Classification to facilitate assessment of variants’ pathogenicity
- Virtual Panels to limit the interpretation to a subset of genes
- Cascading Filters to enable user-created custom filtering strategies for quicker identification of relevant variants
- OncoPortal™ to support decisions based on the Jax-CKB™, CAP, ASCO, AMP, and other data bases
Overcoming Limitations of Assessing HRR Deficiency in Somatic Samples with NGS
Learn how we can support you in overcoming the challenges and maximizing the ability to detect Homologous Recombination Repair (HRR) deficiency in somatic samples with our experts Mikhail Pertziger, PhD, Product Manager and Christian Pozzorini, PhD, Director of Biostatistics Research.
Adoption of Broad NGS Profiling for HRR Deficiency: Looking beyond BRCA, SNVs, and Indels
Discover the experience of a French laboratory, implementing a novel targeted solution to accurately assess the homologous recombination repair (HRR) deficiency by analyzing a series of genes, beyond BRCA, and calling multiple types of variants, including copy number variants (CNVs).
Mini-Homologous Recombination Solution (SOPHiA Mini-HRS)
Homologous Recombination Solution (SOPHiA HRS)
Related genomic solutions
SOPHiA DDM™ for Blood Cancers
Our future-proof end-to-end solutions allow detection and characterization of complex genomic variants associated with different blood cancers.
SOPHiA DDM™ for Solid Tumors
From targeted to comprehensive genomic profiling, our solutions support healthcare professionals in their journey to analyze solid tumors.
SOPHiA Hereditary Cancer Solutions
Our solutions help reduce time to confidently assess multiple types of challenging genetic variants that indicate predisposition to inherited cancers.