We take the privacy and confidentiality of data subjects and visitors seriously. That is why we pledge to respect the privacy of personal data, to remain transparent and to keep your data safe.
SOPHiA GENETICS SA, which is headquartered at Rue du Centre 172, 1025 Saint-Sulpice, Switzerland and its subsidiaries, including, without limitation SOPHiA GENETICS SAS, SOPHiA GENETICS LTD, SOPHiA GENETICS, Inc. and SOPHiA GENETICS INTERMEDIAÇÃO DE NEGÓCIOS EIRELI, process personal data as part of relations with the visitors, prospects, partners or applicant and more generally any users of the website www.sophiagenetics.com (the “Website”).
2. SOPHiA GENETICS is a global company headquartered in Switzerland.
Our headquarters is in Switzerland. You acknowledge and consent that any data you provide or we may collect may be used, processed and/or transferred to Switzerland or and to any location we are based in (e.g., France, Australia, US, Brazil) or other countries or territories as permitted under applicable law.
This Policy does not cover the following elements of data:
- The receipt, creation, analysis and/or storage of genomic or other data derived from people (such as through customers’ use of the SOPHiA™ DDM platform or any other SOPHiA GENETICS products or services);
- the receipt, creation, analysis and/or storage of genomic or other data derived from people for research purposes.
4. Categories of data we collect
We collect various types of data. As used herein, “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person, who can be identified directly or indirectly.
We may collect the following categories of Personal Data:
- Personal Data concerning the identity of visitors, prospects or partners contacting SOPHiA GENETICS via our contact forms, including first names, last names, email address, phone numbers, country, contact reason and your message. These Personal Data are necessary to process your request. Each contact form limits the collection of Personal Data to what is necessary and indicates the required information to provide.
- Personal Data concerning the identity of an applicant applying to a SOPHiA GENETICS’ job offer, including first names, last names, email address, phone numbers, residence address, photography, birth date, nationality, residence permit, professional and academic background, CVs, cover letter, etc. These Personal Data are necessary to process your application. Each job offer form limits the collection of Personal Data to what is necessary and indicates the required information to provide.
- Personal Data concerning cookies, connection data and other pieces of information generated by a web server of visitors of the Website. Click here for more information relating to the Cookies processing.
5. Legal basis and purposes of processing of your Personal Data
We may process your Personal Data in accordance with the following legal bases:
- The performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract, with regard to processing operations for the purpose of performance of contract, marketing operations, monitoring of the relationship between SOPHiA GENETICS and its customer, prospect, partner and applicant;
- the legitimate interest pursued by SOPHiA GENETICS with regard to processing operations for the purpose of compiling statistics, marketing, promoting and developing/improving SOPHiA GENETICS’ products and services, the defense of SOPHiA GENETICS’ rights and interests;
- compliance with legal obligations applicable to SOPHiA GENETICS with regard to processing for invoicing and accounting purposes or the management of requests for the exercise of rights of the data subject.
6. Sharing of your Personal Data
As a general rule we do not provide, sell or lease your Personal Data to any third parties for their marketing use without your express consent.
6.1 Service providers
We may rely on various third-party service providers and contractors to provide services that support the Website and our operations, including, without limitation, maintenance of our databases, distribution of emails and newsletters on our behalf, data analysis, payment processing and other services of an administrative nature. Such third-parties may have access to your Personal Data for the purpose of performing the service for which they have been engaged. However, such third-party providers shall remain under contractual obligations, particularly confidentiality obligations, for as long as they hold Personal Data from us.
6.2 Compliance with laws and law enforcement
SOPHiA GENETICS cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may be required to disclose an individual’s Personal Data in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
6.3 Business transfers
We may transfer your Personal Data to a third-party in the event of any corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of SOPHiA GENETICS’ business, assets or stock.
6.4. External transfers of Personal Data in accordance with GDPR
To ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 (“GDPR”) and applicable data protection law, we may not transfer your Personal Data to countries outside the European Union without an adequate level of protection. In the event of a transfer to a country whose legislation has not been recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection within the meaning of the applicable data protection legislation, we undertake to sign with the recipient a data transfer contract including the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission.
7. Storage of your Personal Data
We may keep your Personal Data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data is processed. In this respect, Personal Data relating to our customers and/or partners shall be kept for the entire duration of our contractual relationship, plus an additional three (3) years for promotional use, without prejudice to any retention obligations or limitation periods. Personal Data concerning our prospects shall be kept for three (3) years from the time they are collected or from the last contact sent by the prospect, without prejudice to any retention obligations or limitation periods. Personal Data concerning our applicants shall be kept for two (2) years from the time they are collected or from the last contact sent by the applicant, without prejudice to any retention obligations or limitation periods.
8. Your rights
In accordance with GDPR and applicable data protection laws, you may access, review, update, correct, delete, restrict, object and request data portability pertaining to your Personal Data. You may also file a complaint with a data protection authority, if you consider that any processing of your Personal Data infringes the requirements of the applicable data protection law. However, we invite you to contact us prior to doing so. If you would like to exercise one of your rights, please contact us at [email protected] with a copy of your identification card or any valid identification document with a signature. We may retain an archived copy of your request in accordance with GDPR and applicable data protection laws.
9. Limited use in our email list
If you no longer wish to receive new notices, email newsletters or other future promotional communications from us, you may choose to unsubscribe by clicking on the link at the bottom of any such communication and following the instructions thereto. Alternatively, you may notify us by email at [email protected] with the word “remove” in the subject header, and we will remove your name from our email recipient list within five (5) days. Opt-out is not possible for necessary service or other administrative and transactional notices.
11. Security of your Personal Data
Taking into account the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons, we implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk concerning your Personal Data.
The Website is not directed towards persons under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from minors under the age of 16 who use the Website. If you become aware that a user under the age of 16 has used the Website, please contact SOPHiA GENETICS at [email protected] If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with Personal Data, SOPHiA GENETICS will take the necessary steps to have that Personal Data irrevocably removed.
13. Your California Privacy rights (for users located in California)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “Shine the Light” law), SOPHiA GENETICS customers who are residents of California may request certain information about our disclosure of personal information during the prior calendar year to our affiliates or to third parties and their direct marketing purposes. To make such request, please write to us at the following address: SOPHiA GENETICS SA, Rue du Centre 172, 1025 Saint-Sulpice, Switzerland or you may send us an email at [email protected]
14. Canada’s CASL (for consumers located in Canada)
15. Contact Us – Data Protection Officer
SOPHiA GENETICS may process Personal Data concerning cookies, connection data and other such information generated by a web server, including device and browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet and which may vary from session to session), domain name, URL, referrer and/or a date/time stamp for your visit (“Cookies”) of visitors of the Website.
2. What is a cookie?
In general, a cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘terminal equipment’ (e.g., a computer or smartphone) when the user accesses a website. It allows the website to recognize that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions.
Subject to your choices, Cookies are used by the visited website to send information to your browser and allow that browser to send information back to the visited website.
Cookies allow the provider to store information about your browsing preferences during the validity of registration of Cookies.
3. What cookies are collected by us, for what purposes and how long?
|Name of Cookie||Storage period||Purposes of processing|
|Google Adword Remarketing||13 months||To advertise across the Internet. AdWords Remarketing will display relevant ads tailored to you, based on what parts of our sites you have viewed by placing a cookie on your machine.|
|LinkedIn Insight Tag||13 months||To provide reports and alerts (that do not identify you) about the website audience and ad performance; to provide retargeting for website visitors, enabling the website owner to show personalized ads off its website by using this data without identifying the member; to improve ad relevance and reach members across devices.|
|Twitter Ads||13 months||To enable segmented website retargeting (i.e., targeting visitors to a specific sub-URL on the website). The tag helps track and measure campaign performance by providing anonymized details on the characteristics of the users that click on an ad.|
The storage period of Cookies we collect may not, in any event, exceed thirteen (13) months, unless you agree otherwise.
We may process Cookies for the sole use of SOPHiA GENETICS SA and its subsidiaries, including without limitation SOPHiA GENETICS SAS, SOPHiA GENETICS LTD and SOPHiA GENETICS, Inc.
We are also working with third parties to collect Cookies through your application for purposes of conversion tracking.
Regarding LinkedIn Insight Tag, please find additional information at https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/65521
Regarding Twitter Ads, please find additional information at https://help.twitter.com/en/rules-and-policies and
5. How do you consent to Cookies processing?
You acknowledge, recognize and accept that you have given your consent to Cookies processing if (i) you continue to navigate on the Website and (ii) you set your internet browser to allow Cookies processing.
Your consent is valid for a period of thirteen (13) months from the first deposit of Cookies in your terminal equipment.
By refusing this consent, you may still be able to access our Website, but some of the Website’s functionalities may be limited.
6. How to change Cookie settings?
You can change your cookie preferences at any time.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
Microsoft Internet Explorer:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Cookies are small text files that can be used by websites to make a user’s experience more efficient.
The law states that we can store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of this site. For all other types of cookies we need your permission.
This site uses different types of cookies. Some cookies are placed by third party services that appear on our pages.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Please state your consent ID and date when you contact us regarding your consent.