SOPHiA Whole Exome Solution
From data to insights to confident care
SOPHiA Whole Exome Solution is an NGS-based application that provides a streamlined end-to-end workflow, from sample to variant report, accelerating rare and inherited disease research studies.
The solution combines an expertly designed capture-based target enrichment kit with the analysis and interpretation functions of the SOPHiA DDM™ platform, offering uniform coverage of the target region and a streamlined workflow. Our cloud-based platform helps you greatly increase the efficiency of your laboratory by reducing the burden of data interpretation and storage, thus optimizing time and resources.
- Expertly designed panel with 19,396 genes that provides uniform coverage across the various GC-rich contents for confident variant detection, including CNV detection in 93.3% of genes
- Ready-to-sequence target-enriched library in just 1.5 days
- Accurate variant annotation based on UCSC-built hg38 human genome and comprehensive transcript annotation with MANE
- Streamlined variant interpretation with the SOPHiA DDM™ platform’s integrated features, including trio analyses to analyze variants by inheritance mode and access to the most updated and trusted databases, such as OMIM and HPO
- Unlimited, secure and scalable cloud-based data storage with secure knowledge sharing
|Target Regions||39 Mb|
|DNA Input||200 ng|
|Sequencer Compatibility||Illumina NovaSeq® 6000, NextSeq® 500/550, HiSeq® 2500|
|Library Prep Time||8 hours|
|Analysis time from FASTQ file||Overnight|
The coverage you need for accurate CNV detection
SOPHiA Whole Exome Solution achieves high on-target rates that ensure reliable coverage uniformity values across all the target regions, even in GC-rich regions. Equal read coverage is crucial to the precise identification of multiple types of variations, including copy number variations (CNVs). With SOPHiA Whole Exome Solution, you can reach more than 90% analytical sensitivity* for CNV detection.
*90% Sensitivity in two consecutive regions (exons) can be achieved with a recommended sequencing of 80 million reads (40 million fragments).
Dedicated features to ease variant interpretation
The SOPHiA DDM™ platform features intuitive variant filters and prioritization options to streamline interpretation and help reduce turnaround time.
- Dual Variant Pre-Classification to improve assessment of variants’ pathogenicity based on both ACMG scores and our machine learning-based predictions
- Virtual Panels to restrict the interpretation to sub-panels of genes using the HPO or OMIM browser
- Cascading Filters to apply custom filtering options for quicker screening of relevant variants and save strategies for future analyses
- Familial Variant Analysis (trio analysis) to quickly identify causative variants by selecting different inheritance modes with a single mouse click
Through SOPHiA DDM™, you can also have access to Alamut Visual Plus, a full-genome browser that integrates numerous curated genomic and literature databases, guidelines, missense and slicing predictors, thus enabling deeper variant exploration.
Big panels, big challenges: CNV detection in WES
A Novel Homozygous Mutation in CYP11A1 Gene is Associated with Severe Adrenal Insufficiency in 46, XX Patient.
SOPHiA Clinical Exome Solution
Facilitate the assessment of challenging cases of Mendelian diseases with our end-to-end workflow that reduces costs and allows faster completion of studies.
SOPHiA DDM™ for KAPA HyperExome
With a fully integrated workflow from FASTQ to report, our solution streamlines multiple types of variants’ detection, interpretation and reporting.